FEV Consulting E-mobility customer survey
#3,000+ interviews #Perception E-Mobility #Comprehensive report
E-mobility is gaining Traction
Pushed by the regulator all major automotive manufacturers will introduce a large number of electrified vehicles in the upcoming years. At the same time significant investments into charging infrastructure in various regions around the world are planned to enable a wide adoption of e-mobility. FEV expects a significant uptake of hybrid and electric vehicle sales reaching approx. 10% in 2025 and more than 20% in 2030 for the European market.
E-mobility poses various challenges to the automotive supply chain and a deep understanding of customer requirements is key to overcome
The key challenge for every company in the automotive supply chain is to offer an attractive product portfolio and stay profitable at the same time. In order to decide which products to develop and produce at what time, a deep understanding of the "customer expectations" and requirements is imperative. It enables OEMs and suppliers to:
- Identify relevant markets and customer groups
- Identify purchasing criteria of different customer groups of interest and purchasing criteria of different customer groups
- Anticipate demand for specific products and features
- Define product portfolios and product features, which fit customer requirements
- Allocate development and production resources
FEV’s comprehensive survey offers deep insights into customer acceptance, preferences and requirements for e-mobility
- 3,000 participants from five countries in Europe as well as USA and China
- Participants clustered into relevant customer groups, distinguishing between living situation (urban, sub-urban, rural) as well as vehicle segment preferences (e.g. small car vs. SUV) and driving behavior (annual mileage)
- 37 questions covering different aspects of e-mobility
- Overall attractiveness of hybrid and electric vehicles in comparison to conventional vehicles
- Key arguments for and against e-mobility and their relevance for customers
- Willingness to pay a premium for hybrid and electric vehicles
- Preferences for the upcoming buying decision
- Specific technolgical requirements for electric vehicles (minimum electric range, charging time)
A report of the customer survey includes additional/supplemental information on the development of e-mobility in the three markets Europe, USA and China.
For more Information:
Dipl.-Wirt.-Ing. Alexander Nase
Phone +49 241 5689-9744
Mobile +49 160 94110987
FEV has always pushed the limits.
FEV is an internationally recognized leader of innovation across different sectors and industries. Professor Franz Pischinger laid the foundations by combining his background in academia and engineering with a great vision for continual progress. The company has supplied solutions and strategy consulting to the world's largest automotive OEMs and has supported customers through the entire transportation and mobility ecosystem.
As the world continues to evolve, so does FEV.
That’s why FEV is unleashing its technological and strategic expertise into other areas. It applies its forward thinking to the energy sector. And its software and system know-how will enable the company to lead the way making intelligent solutions available to everyone. FEV brings together the brightest minds from different backgrounds and specialties to find new solutions for both current and future challenges.
But FEV won’t stop there.
Looking ahead, FEV continues to push the limits of innovation. With its highly qualified 7000 employees at more than 40 locations globally, FEV imagines solutions that don’t just meet today’s needs but tomorrow’s. Ultimately, FEV keeps evolving – to a better, cleaner future built on sustainable mobility, energy and software that drives everything. For the companies’ partners, its people and the world.
Press inquiries to: email@example.com