Gaseous and liquid fuels will remain important energy sources for transportation of people and goods in the next decades. There will, however, be a continuous shift from fossil to regenerative and renewable fuels. Thereto, FEV is offering a wide portfolio of engineering services for OEMs, suppliers and the fuels industry that covers all applications from small vehicles with gasoline engines up to large commercial engines.
Extensive experience in the fields of method development, simulation and industrial application enables FEV to fully address highly complex questions within a short time – ranging from fundamental kinetic studies up to demonstrator vehicles and series production. While there is still a focus on conventional fuels remaining, e.g. regarding poor-quality fuel certification, matters relating to CO2-neutral e-fuels and fuels from waste-biomass are becoming increasingly important. In this context the following topics are being addressed:
- Fuels, energy scenarios and markets
- Reaction kinetics investigations (experimental and simulative)
- Fuel diagnostics: Optical investigations on injection chambers and optical engines & CFD
- Thermodynamic investigations on single and multi cylinder engines (SI-, CI (Diesel) and alternative combustion processes for all engine sizes)
- Demonstrator vehicle building
- Series engine development and calibration