Within the departement of Connected Systems & Functions, we focus on vehicle connectivity among other things with increasingly complex backend systems. We connect vehicles, businesses and people. Customer understanding and requirements engineering is our success factor.
Our tasks consist of generating benefit and value from large amounts of data by recording and transferring the data in a structured manner, standardizing and preprocessing it, so that it can then be stored and managed centrally in a suitable data storage solution. Data validation and visualizations - locally or in cloud systems - are fundamental for subsequent deeper analytics and machine learning approaches. As well as efficient data lifecycle management, data acquisition in the vehicle and secure data transfer to the backend are common tasks in the area of data engineering.
Tasks as a data engineer for our growing team:
- Processing large amounts of data and data management
- Data analytics and visualization with big data methods and technologies
- Requirements engineering, system conception and architecture engineering, implementation, testing
- Standardization of various data sources and connection of unstructured and structured data
- Usage of cloud storage and services
- Script programming for data processing and validation
- Developing customer-specific and innovative solutions by transfering domain knowledge in the automotive context