FEV Consulting E-mobility customer survey
#3,000+ interviews #Perception E-Mobility #Comprehensive report
E-mobility is gaining Traction
Pushed by the regulator all major automotive manufacturers will introduce a large number of electrified vehicles in the upcoming years. At the same time significant investments into charging infrastructure in various regions around the world are planned to enable a wide adoption of e-mobility. FEV expects a significant uptake of hybrid and electric vehicle sales reaching approx. 10% in 2025 and more than 20% in 2030 for the European market.
E-mobility poses various challenges to the automotive supply chain and a deep understanding of customer requirements is key to overcome
The key challenge for every company in the automotive supply chain is to offer an attractive product portfolio and stay profitable at the same time. In order to decide which products to develop and produce at what time, a deep understanding of the "customer expectations" and requirements is imperative. It enables OEMs and suppliers to:
- Identify relevant markets and customer groups
- Identify purchasing criteria of different customer groups of interest and purchasing criteria of different customer groups
- Anticipate demand for specific products and features
- Define product portfolios and product features, which fit customer requirements
- Allocate development and production resources
FEV’s comprehensive survey offers deep insights into customer acceptance, preferences and requirements for e-mobility
- 3,000 participants from five countries in Europe as well as USA and China
- Participants clustered into relevant customer groups, distinguishing between living situation (urban, sub-urban, rural) as well as vehicle segment preferences (e.g. small car vs. SUV) and driving behavior (annual mileage)
- 37 questions covering different aspects of e-mobility
- Overall attractiveness of hybrid and electric vehicles in comparison to conventional vehicles
- Key arguments for and against e-mobility and their relevance for customers
- Willingness to pay a premium for hybrid and electric vehicles
- Preferences for the upcoming buying decision
- Specific technolgical requirements for electric vehicles (minimum electric range, charging time)
A report of the customer survey includes additional/supplemental information on the development of e-mobility in the three markets Europe, USA and China.
For more Information:
Dipl.-Wirt.-Ing. Alexander Nase
Phone +49 241 5689-9744
Mobile +49 160 94110987
FEV is a leading independent international service provider of vehicle and powertrain development for hardware and software. The range of competencies includes the development and testing of innovative solutions up to series production and all related consulting services.The range of services for vehicle development includes the design of body and chassis, including the fine tuning of overall vehicle attributes such as driving behaviour and NVH. FEV also develops innovative lighting systems and solutions for autonomous driving and connectivity. The electrification activities of powertrains cover powerful battery systems, e-machines and inverters. Additionally FEV develops highly efficient gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, EDUs as well as fuel cell systems and facilitates their integration into vehicles suitable for homologation. Alternative fuels are a further area of development.
The service portfolio is completed by tailor-made test benches and measurement technology, as well as software solutions that allow efficient transfer of the essential development steps of the above-mentioned developments, from the road to the test bench or simulation.
The FEV Group currently employs 6300 highly qualified specialists in customer-oriented development centers at more than 40 locations on five continents.
Press inquiries to: email@example.com