FEV Consulting E-mobility customer survey
#3,000+ interviews #Perception E-Mobility #Comprehensive report
E-mobility is gaining Traction
Pushed by the regulator all major automotive manufacturers will introduce a large number of electrified vehicles in the upcoming years. At the same time significant investments into charging infrastructure in various regions around the world are planned to enable a wide adoption of e-mobility. FEV expects a significant uptake of hybrid and electric vehicle sales reaching approx. 10% in 2025 and more than 20% in 2030 for the European market.
E-mobility poses various challenges to the automotive supply chain and a deep understanding of customer requirements is key to overcome
The key challenge for every company in the automotive supply chain is to offer an attractive product portfolio and stay profitable at the same time. In order to decide which products to develop and produce at what time, a deep understanding of the "customer expectations" and requirements is imperative. It enables OEMs and suppliers to:
- Identify relevant markets and customer groups
- Identify purchasing criteria of different customer groups of interest and purchasing criteria of different customer groups
- Anticipate demand for specific products and features
- Define product portfolios and product features, which fit customer requirements
- Allocate development and production resources
FEV’s comprehensive survey offers deep insights into customer acceptance, preferences and requirements for e-mobility
- 3,000 participants from five countries in Europe as well as USA and China
- Participants clustered into relevant customer groups, distinguishing between living situation (urban, sub-urban, rural) as well as vehicle segment preferences (e.g. small car vs. SUV) and driving behavior (annual mileage)
- 37 questions covering different aspects of e-mobility
- Overall attractiveness of hybrid and electric vehicles in comparison to conventional vehicles
- Key arguments for and against e-mobility and their relevance for customers
- Willingness to pay a premium for hybrid and electric vehicles
- Preferences for the upcoming buying decision
- Specific technolgical requirements for electric vehicles (minimum electric range, charging time)
A report of the customer survey includes additional/supplemental information on the development of e-mobility in the three markets Europe, USA and China.
For more Information:
Dipl.-Wirt.-Ing. Alexander Nase
Phone +49 241 5689-9744
Mobile +49 160 94110987
The FEV Group, with headquarters in Aachen, Germany, is an internationally recognized vehicle development services provider. FEV’s expertise ranges from consulting to the development and testing of innovative vehicle concepts through readiness for serial production. In addition to traditional engine and transmission development, vehicle integration, calibration, and the homologation of state-of-the-art gasoline and diesel engines, increasing importance is being placed on the development of hybrid and electric powertrains as well as alternative fuels. FEV experts focus on the advancement of electronic control systems, as well as connected vehicles and automation.
The “FEV Software and Testing Solutions” product portfolio complements these services with cutting-edge test fields, measuring equipment and software solutions that help make the development process more efficient and transfer significant process steps from the road to the test rig – or even to computer simulation.
FEV offers these services to its transport industry customers around the world. The FEV Group employs over 5600 highly-qualified specialists in high-tech development centers near its customers at 40 locations on four continents.