Heavy-duty on-road powertrain concepts to achieve 2025 and 2030 CO₂ regulations
July 16, 2020 – 4am Detroit | 10am Aachen | 4pm Beijing
With heavy-duty transportation accounting for a significant portion of CO2 emissions, regulators have set strict emission reduction targets for the next decade.
In this free, 60-minute webinar, Dieter van der Put, VP commercial powertrains at FEV Group outlines the legislative CO2 framework to 2030, the various technology pathways to achieve new targets, and the benefits of a 48V modular, low-cost, easy to integrate mild hybrid architecture.
Key topics and takeaways:
- EU CO2 targets for 2025 and 2030, including significant penalties for non-conformity
- Role of vehicle and powertrain efficiency increases, especially for long-haul applications, and the importance of vehicle usage, including predictive controls, hybridisation and renewable fuels
- Role of alternative fuels in CO2 reduction
- Limits of pure battery electric vehicle (BEV) technology in long-haul applications
- Opportunities for modular 48V mild hybrid systems
If you can’t attend the session live please register anyway and we’ll send you a link to the slides and a video of the session when it’s finished.
Click here and register for free for this webinar
Check out the recordings of our webinars here: Video collection of past webinars