FEV Polska Sp. z o.o. was founded in 2003 as a branch of FEV Europe GmbH.
The location of FEV Polska’s facilities was given careful consideration. Cracow was selected partly because it is a city with a highly renowned educational system, which provides the local job market with some highly educated graduates. Equally as important is its proximity to Poland’s automotive and machine building industry, concentrated in southern Poland. It is also quite close to the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Based on a global perspective, the communication and cultural closeness with FEV engineers provides an effortless exchange of ideas and a trouble-free cooperation. Common projects that are developed by both groups allow them to share some of the same state-of-the-art development tools.
FEV Polska Sp. z o.o. employs specialists across a broad spectrum of issues that are resolved collectively with FEV Motorentechnik. FEV supports many of the worldwide industry leaders in combustion engines, passenger cars, locomotives, ships and other machines (e.g. generating sets and pumps).
The primary focus of our engineering efforts includes:
- Engine design (engine design, design methodology)
- Design of one-cylinder research engines (FEV Single Cylinder Engine Program)
- Virtual packaging and integration of engines and components into vehicles or plants (virtual packaging and integration)
- Optimization of production engines for cost reduction (cost reduction)
- Finite element analyses of engines and peripherals (powertrain mechanics – thermomechanics)
- Test systems development, including software, installation and commissioning (test systems)
FEV Polska’s three engineering divisions:
- Engine design
- Computer simulations
- Software development
Dr. Rainer Thiele
Dipl.-Ing. Hermann Josef Ecker
Do you have questions about our product and service offerings?
Contact us and we'll gladly answer your questions.