Modules and Subsystems
FEV can help you design and produce your electronic control module. We can assist at every level, from understanding system architecture to specification development to actual design. From concept to build to test and validation,we will design and implement everything it takes to get the device to market.
FEV actively works on rapid development of both production and prototype projects. We provide hardware and software development services according to OEM specifications including manufacturing. FEV has relationships with various automotive-qualified local and overseas contract manufacturers in order to meet the specific production needs of our customers. We consult and act as a design partner to major Tier 1 suppliers for OEM programs. Areas of involvement include microcontrollers, I/O Design, PCB layout, vehicle bus-related activities, and wireless communication such as BT, WiFi, GPS, cellular, etc. FEV's work includes hardware and software design activities for specific module subsystems and support to the Tier 1 supplier through product launch.
FEV has been involved with the following hardware and software design projects:
Production module design work for Automotive Tier 1 suppliers
- Oil pump controller module
- Handsfree module
- Seat occupant detection module
- Motor gear control module
- HVAC control module
- Gateway module
- Telematics module
- Upfitter module
- Powertrain control module
- Hybrid control module
- Battery management control module
Connected vehicle control module and POC design experience
- Telematics control modules (GSM/CDMA, GPS, BT, WiFi, CAN, Applications)
- Handsfree control module (BT, CAN, VR)
- CAN2BT gateways (BT 2.0/4.0, OBDII, CAN)
- Car2X OBE (CAN, GPS, DSRC, HMI, Applications)
- Connected vehicle authentication module (WiFi, BT, CAN, I/O, Applications)
- HMI and apps design and development (Linux, QNX, iOS, Android)
We have worked with mobility upfitters and aftermarket device manufacturers to integrate their devices into OEM vehicle architectures. These programs have included program management, specification, hardware and software development, mechanical design, manufacturing and testing activities. Our vehicle bus interface and gateway devices are examples of such programs.
FEV has worked with a partner to develop a next generation Telematics Control Unit (TCU) designed specifically for the Automotive OEM environment. Our ground-breaking TCU provides connectivity for embedded applications in the head unit or standalone applications that can be accessed from a Smartphone or Desktop. FEV’s TCU platform is based upon an embedded Linux Operating System that provides a unique automotive grade platform for delivering reliable and secure connectivity solutions.
Please see our TCU datasheet for more information.
FEV's module support work has included:
- Tester and simulator development
- Battery Electric and Hybrid design
- Vehicle network and subsystem modeling
- Operational and power cycling tester hardware and software
- ECU communications testing (bench and vehicle level)
- Diagnostics development and testing
- Flash station development