Bus Interface Tools
FEV is pleased to offer the Baby-LIN product line by Lipowsky. A Baby-LIN interface acts as a LIN bus controller for rest-bus simulation, ECU test, automated ECU test systems, software development, demonstration objects, and many other applications.
- Real-time access to signal and frame data (read/write/monitor/log with timestamp).
- Simulated LIN master and/or LIN slave nodes.
- Interface via USB with a PC or use as a stand-alone device.
- Support for LIN versions 1.2, 1.3, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2.
- Support for Diagnostic Transport Layer.
- Galvanically isolated LIN bus interface. Supply voltage of 8 - 28V.
- LINWorks application suite includes LDF-editor, Session configurator and fully customizable user interface. Works with all Baby-LIN devices.
- Custom application support via application interface DLL (sample code available for C#, Visual C, Visual Basic and LabVIEW).
- Tested with WINXP, VISTA, WIN7 (32/64 Bit) and WIN8 (32/64 Bit). Linux version available.
Small form factor LIN Simulator with integrated keypad. Starting from an LDF, you can create a remote control for your sun roof, wiper motor or ambient lights in a few minutes.
LIN and CAN
Rail mountable LIN and CAN bus simulation device with digital inputs and outputs (8in/4out) to allow control of a LIN or CAN device by PLC. Output states can be controlled via bus signal values. Additionally, the unit has two buttons which can be assigned to any bus command. In a few minutes, you can configure a complete LIN or CAN bus control via digital inputs from a LDF or DBC file.
Ideal for retrofitting and modernization of test beds for new control units with LIN or CAN bus interface.
Support for CAN High-Speed and CAN Low-Speed bus.
Compact module for DIN rail mounting (75 x 132 x 38mm).
The device is available in different configuration levels. The basic unit includes all hardware interfaces and software support for LIN communication (SDF v.2.x files). Expandable via unlock codes to support SDF-V3 LIN functions, as well as support for the two CAN interfaces.
Our LIN-Bus Simulation device with RS-232 and Ethernet interface. A simple ASCII protocol allows easy interfacing to a PLC. The integrated LIN bus logger records all commands and LIN frames! This makes troubleshooting a breeze!
Multi SDF capable (e.g. it can be switched between several LIN-Bus configurations).
Option for digital input and digital output available.
Ethernet-Connection can be used instead of RS-232 to connect to PLC or host system SDF files or firmware updates are installed on the device by using an USB stick.
Integrated LIN-Logger records all frames on the bus together with the PLC commands in ASCII format.
Format is compatible to other third party tools.
The device is equipped with 2 piggy pack sockets to accept extension modules for future extensions. e.g.:
- CAN-Bus high speed and/or low speed (galvanically isolated).
- Digital inputs and outputs.
- RS-232 (galvanically isolated).
- RS-422/485 (galvanically isolated).
- Mobile LIN- and CAN bus simulation and data logging with display, keyboard and battery.
- Complete Baby-LIN functionality, including support of all LIN versions up to 2.2.
- View live signal values from the bus, and change signals or start macros.
- Battery-operated, with a runtime up to 10 hours.
- 12 digit membrane keyboard with 3 function keys.
- On PC pre-configurable menu for the 128 x 64 pixel Display.
- Multiple configurations can be loaded from the SD-card.
- Logging data can be stored on a SD-card or can be transferred directly to a PC.
- Remote control of the device in PC mode via DLL functions or the LINWorks software suite.
- An additionally switch output for LIN Bus voltage.
- Integrated 12 Volt generator (150 mA) used for node supply.
- Additional support for CAN bus simulation, SDF-V3 support, as well as the second LIN interface, via activation codes (to be ordered separately).
FEV is pleased to offer a number of tools for working with and testing vehicle communications buses.