Verifying proper system functionality on today's multiplexed vehicles can be a daunting task.
Let FEV subject your component to custom, rigorous independent testing to verify that it plays nice with the OEM vehicle systems, ensuring vehicle safety and OEM equipment compatibility. Our seal of approval means that the vehicle system integrity remains intact.
Our engineers have extensive experience in vehicle testing and analysis. Additional information is available here.
Test Equipment and Testing Services
We can also verify that your design meets specifications. We have provided validation testing at the vehicle, subsystem, ECU, and microprocessor levels. Examples include:
- Vehicle communication validation testing
- VDA Testing
- ECU-level communication testing
- ECU-level diagnostics testing
- OEM EMC/Environmental/Electrical/Durability (DVP Testing) testing
- GPS and dead reckoning testing
- Power mode testing
FEV can provide rapid development of test equipment and test software. Examples include:
- Module tester and simulator HW/SW development for OEM/Tier supplier
- Creation of software test suites
- Embedded control module test code development
- End-of-Line (EOL) test equipment HW/SW development and build for Tier supplier
Our system diagnostic philosophy focuses on identifying the root cause of problems and finding timely, cost-effective solutions. FEV's engineers have been involved with projects such as:
- System troubleshooting involving Bluetooth technology
- Ignition noise troubleshooting to resolve conducted emissions issues and CAN noise pickup
- Root cause analysis and corrective action reports
- Diagnosis, analysis, and assessment of wireless communications issues
- System level support for electronics engineering
- Vehicle communication noise source identification and corrective action recommendation
- Troubleshooting of CAN network management (sleep and wakeup) IOD issues
- Complete end-to-end system diagnosis for data integrity of telematics systems.
System and Subsystem Analysis
Our team of engineers are experts in electronic system and subsystem analysis. Whether you need a module or system evaluated or a competitive analysis, FEV can do it.
- Hardware and software design analysis
- Parts selection
- EMC protection
- PCB layout
- Software structure
- Powertrain, telematics, navigation, etc. system and component competitive analysis
- Microcontroller Oscillator Evaluation
- Remote Keyless Entry Evaluations and Analysis
- Component and system benchmarking
- Cyber Security thread analysis and mitigation solutions implementation
FEV can also perform/manage parts or complete DVP&R for any ECU development program.
Please contact us for information on any FEV product or service.